Corporate Social Responsibility
PHOENIX is dedicated to CSR and
fostering a company culture that
encompasses the Four Pillars
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is fostering a company culture that empowers our employees to reach their personal and professional goals; being environmentally responsible with resource consumption; innovating from materials and design through handling and end use to deliver complete lifecycle solutions; and improving the quality of life in the communities in which we operate.
THE FOUR PILLARS OF PHOENIX CSR
PHOENIX is strengthening our commitment to being a good steward of the planet
Through PHOENIX’s commitment to environmental responsibility, we send a clear message that we understand the complicated relationship the plastic industry has with the world and will address it head on. We are working to educate ourselves and our communities on specific initiatives that allow PHOENIX and other manufacturers to take positive, meaningful action.
- Continuously improving waste reduction and water conservation
- Implementing energy efficient practices at each of our facilities
- Committing cross-functional resources to a dedicated Sustainability Team to set and achieve long-term goals
- Supporting organizations that are engaged in global sustainability initiatives
Innovating from materials and design through handling and end use to deliver complete lifecycle solutions
PHOENIX designs and innovates to sell closures to the customers who need them. However, we do so ethically and responsibly by going above and beyond in our research of sustainable alternatives to typical plastic production, understanding the larger effect of both the benefits and pitfalls of plastic production. We employ inventive and visionary thinking to optimize our products and create unique solutions for our customers and the ultimate end user.
- Exploring PCR/PIR resins and other alternatives to virgin polyolefins
- Pursuing source reductions, lightweighting, and increasing pack count
- Innovating and modernizing product and process technology
- Remaining a relevant leader in packaging design and production
Fostering a company culture that empowers our employees to reach their personal and professional goals
CSR allows a broader focus on all people who interact with our brand, including our customers, suppliers, and the extended PHOENIX Phamily. Establishing a dedicated CSR initiative allows for a more productive synergy between Human Resources, Marketing, and other departments to communicate a story that more accurately reflects the outstanding values and purpose PHOENIX stands for beyond our manufacture of closures. We are here to serve.
- Maintaining a workplace founded on courtesy, dignity, and respect
- Sponsoring continuing education, scholarships, training, and professional development
- Celebrating life events to nurture personal connections and promote camaraderie
- Prioritizing employee health, wellness, equity, and inclusion
Improving the quality of life in the communities in which we operate
At the heart of CSR is an understanding that we have an unspoken responsibility that goes beyond the people and products that operate under our roof. Companies like PHOENIX understand how we impact the communities and the world beyond us. A thoughtful and well-planned philanthropy program creates a structure for opportunity, empowerment, and prosperity to leave a legacy that goes well beyond 130 years.
- Offering paid time and team opportunities to volunteer
- Promoting charitable giving, donations, and company matches
- Participating in local and national mentorship and outreach initiatives
- Supporting community leadership positions on not-for-profit chambers and boards
By the Numbers
PHOENIX has been a leader in packaging for over 130 years